Borelli Investment Company — which provides commercial real estate services to owners and tenants throughout Northern California — has joined the sales and marketing team for The Dunes Promenade in Marina. The distinctive, open-air, walkable retail destination is part of The Dunes on Monterey Bay, a 330-acre mixed-use master-planned community with more than 1,200 single-family homes, 500 hotel rooms and 1.5 million sq. ft. of retail and office space, managed by Shea Homes.
Borelli will act as a co-listing broker along with Michael Schoeder, managing partner of Cushman & Wakefield’s central coast offices. The Borelli firm will contribute development consulting services in addition to marketing and leasing expertise.
“We’re pleased to welcome Borelli Investment Company to The Dunes Promenade team,” said Donald Hofer, vice president for community development at Shea Homes in Northern California. “We’re looking forward to working closely together to market the outstanding opportunities for retailers within this exciting community adjacent to beautiful Monterey Bay.”
Uniquely Inviting Shopping Stroll
The Dunes Promenade is a one-of-a-kind outdoor mixed-use retail district and residential neighborhood in the heart of The Dunes community in Marina. Shops and eateries can lease suites or purchase full buildings ranging from 800 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft. The surrounding neighborhood will include 18 townhomes with bay views, 53 condos or flats, plus 13 live/work units above the retail shops.
A total of seven retail buildings with 32,685 sq. ft. of space for shopping, dining and services will culminate in a sun-splashed village square green that will serve as a gathering place within the neighborhood. The Dunes Promenade will be anchored by a major-name specialty grocer known for high-quality foods and other items, plus exceptionally friendly service.
An official announcement about another major signing is expected soon. In addition, Cinemark’s existing five-screen Century Marina theater anchors the other end of the Promenade.
“There’s nothing like The Dunes Promenade on the Monterey Peninsula,” said Ralph Borelli, chairman of Borelli Investment Company. “From the inviting tree-lined, flowered paths to innovative living spaces above the storefronts in several of the buildings, The Dunes Promenade is exquisitely designed.”
He continues, “For prospective tenants, demand generators abound — from the many new homes being built by Shea Homes to California State University Monterey Bay, business offices and traffic-producing big box retailers in a regional mall not far from The Dunes Promenade. And it’s all within walking distance of stunning Monterey Bay.”
Building Retail Success at The Dunes Promenade
- The Dunes Promenade offers a variety of businesses unique opportunities for growth and profitability:
- 7 retail buildings on a 3.65-acre site with suites or full buildings — many spaces with patio areas — ranging from 800 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft.
- A specialty grocer anchor that will be announced soon, as will another tenant occupying a full building — generating early momentum
- Suites are available for lease by retailers, restaurants, professional offices and medical/dental practices
- Located within a dynamic, fast-growing live-work-play community Shea Homes and other developers are creating in Marina with over 1,900 newly built homes, townhomes with bay views, condos and apartments — plus over 4,500 more homes on the way in several master-planned developments
- Other nearby demand generators include CSUMB; Fort Ord National Monument; the Marina shopping center featuring Best Buy, CVS, REI, Target, Starbucks and more; and the 6 million people who visit Monterey County each year
- Immediate access to travelers on Highway 1 and Imjin Parkway — positioning businesses along the major regional route to the Monterey Peninsula, and for the primary commute corridor in Monterey County, to and from Salinas
Get In Early at The Dunes Promenade
If you’re a retailer, restaurant or service business looking for a new location on the popular Monterey Peninsula, now’s the time to learn more about The Dunes Promenade. Contact Ralph Borelli at Borelli Investment Company or Michael Schoeder at Cushman & Wakefield for all the details.