The Brass Tap is a popular nationwide franchise of nearly 50 upscale craft beer bars in 16 states known for fun social gatherings, a variety of entertainment and upscale shareable food. Sixty craft beers will be available on tap, expertly presented by the knowledgeable, well-versed staff. There will also be premium wines and fresh, handmade elevated cocktails. Elevated bar food items will include tacos, burgers, pizzas, chicken wings, salads, shrimp baskets, and more.
“Marina has long been my family home,” says Karl Waller, owner-operator of The Brass Tap Marina. “I grew up and went to high school locally in Seaside. After almost 40 years away, I’m excited about the opportunity to return to Marina with my wife, who’s also from the area, settle back down and open an upscale bar.”
Multiple Dining and Bar Areas
Set adjacent to a welcoming village green near the intersection of General Stilwell Drive and 10th Street, the taphouse will feature three dining and two bar areas: an 1,800 sq. ft. indoor area, covered patio of just over 1,000 sq. ft. and an outdoor dining and game area that’s unique to The Brass Tap franchise. An additional 1,400 sq. ft. will be devoted to the back of the house, restrooms and so on.
A total of 28 TV screens — including an eye-catching video wall consisting of 4 large screens displaying a single feed — will allow patrons to follow their favorite teams in action. There will also be live entertainment, trivia nights, karaoke and even cornhole competitions in the outdoors area.
Recognizing the unpredictability of the Monterey Bay area climate, Waller has created a patio that can be open or completely enclosed and heated, so guests indoors or on the patio will enjoy the same comfortable experience.
“We want patrons to be able to relax and enjoy themselves, wherever they choose to dine or drink,” Waller remarks.
The New Destination on the Monterey Peninsula
Like The Promenade retail center itself, The Brass Tap Marina is designed to be a new destination for residents and visitors.
“When we were visiting family in the summer of 2020, we realized there’s really no place locally to get a drink and have fun,” explains Waller. “Plus, many people don’t want to deal with all the tourist traffic and parking challenges when going to Monterey.”
He continues, “With the university, VA-DoD outpatient clinic, retail stores and growing sports attractions such as the FC Monterey pro soccer team, there’s a new dynamic in Marina. We’ll have plenty of parking at the door and offer a unique experience in an unparalleled atmosphere. I think The Dunes Promenade will become a new destination in Monterey.”
Construction is already underway on The Brass Tap facility with an opening tentatively scheduled for this fall.
Part of a Vibrant Retail Row
The Brass Tap will be part of The Dunes Promenade’s retail row consisting of seven commercial buildings — with suites or full buildings ranging from 800 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft. The neighborhood community will also include 84 residential condos, townhomes and live/work units.
The anchor tenant will be a major-name specialty grocer known for outstanding service, quality foods and a host of other items. The remaining spaces will be occupied by a range of shops, eateries and service businesses, including medical or dental offices. The five-screen Cinemark Century Marina theater is already open and showing the latest releases.
Creating an especially inviting environment will be The Dunes Promenade’s tree-lined, flowered paths leading to a quaint village square green. Here, people can relax and enjoy the day or evening with fire pits and a pavilion — with opportunities for music entertainment and other social gatherings. Ample parking will be available throughout — along the traffic-controlled streets as well as in large lots adjacent to the stores.
Building Retail Success at The Dunes Promenade
The Dunes Promenade offers a variety of unique opportunities for growth and profitability:
- 7 retail buildings on a 3.65-acre site with suites or full buildings — many spaces with patio areas — ranging from 800 sq. ft. to 5,500 sq. ft.
- A specialty grocer anchor that will be announced soon in addition to The Brass Tap, now under construction — generating early momentum
- Suites are available for lease by retailers, restaurants, professional offices and medical/dental practices
- Small boutique-like retailers can take advantage of 13 live-work units located above the shops in several buildings along the Promenade
- Located within a dynamic, fast-growing live-work-play community Shea Homes and other developers are creating in Marina with more than 1,900 homes, townhomes, condos and apartments recently built — plus over 4,500 more on the way in several master-planned developments
- Other nearby demand generators include CSUMB; Fort Ord National Monument; the VA-DoD outpatient clinic; the Marina shopping center featuring Best Buy, CVS, REI, Target, Starbucks and more; and the 6 million people who visit Monterey County each year
- Immediate access to travelers on Highway 1 and Imjin Parkway— positioning businesses along the major regional route to the Monterey Peninsula and the primary commute corridor in Monterey County, to and from Salinas
Construction Is Underway — Timing Couldn’t Be Better
As the commercial and retail environment returns to normal, now’s the best time to look into the opportunities to locate at The Dunes Promenade. During construction, tenants always have maximum flexibility to knock out walls to create larger space or incorporate options to customize their spaces.
Full details about The Dunes Promenade in Marina are available from Ralph Borelli at Borelli Investment Company or Michael Schoeder at Cushman & Wakefield. Don’t wait!